Loading ...

What were your favourite coaching moments of 2017? | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Coaching News » What were your favourite coaching moments of 2017?
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching News

What were your favourite coaching moments of 2017?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Blake

UK Coaching have published a blog sharing some of their favourite coaching moments from elite sport in 2017 (which is well worth a read).

I thought I’d ask everyone to share their favourite coaching moments of the year. Like the blog, they can be from high performance sport but it would also be great to read about your personal coaching highlights from the last 12 months.

Look forward to reading your replies.

• rogerkaye73

There have been quite a few big highs coaching wise this year, including pass my latest Cricket Coach Ed Course. This was in part delivered by Tony Robson who's sessions are a regular feature of the ECBCA Wings To Fly series which I've really enjoyed watching so to get the chance to observe Tony first hand was great. Sorry Shaun your input was great too.

Being asked to become Head Coach for Kirkham & Wesham Cricket Club was another big day.

There were lots of memorable moments with the Ribble Valley Vipers.

However, just tipping the scales as the best moment was reading an email from the parent of a new player saying that they'd really enjoyed their first taste of indoor cricket and asking if it would be possible to play another game.

There were more opportunities and lots more enjoyment :) 

• GeoffWood

3 boys have battled to become the first from the club to duck under 60 seconds for 100m Fly, all season, chipping away at things. The first people to congratulate the lad who did it were the other 2 boys. Team ethos at it's highest.

• george32

HI everyone i'm new to the group, Merry Christmas. . My favourite coaching moments of the year has got to be team teaching with a colleague whose expertise in Primary PE was virtually non-existent. She could not could not believe the level of expertise, skill and quality of the lessons taught. The massive emphasis on FMS and the response of the children, that found PE challenging and difficult, couldn't wait for their next PE lesson. Very rewarding. 

Secondly I have now took on coaching and instructing adults in football and fitness, using my SAQ knowledge and expertise. I have been took aback by the response of all the participants. They have all found my sessions good fun and different, but at the same time challenging and interesting. The football coaching (using SAQ) has certainly honed the young footballers abilities further, but I have also learned a lot myself from reading and watching coaching clips on You Tube. My work with encouraging adults to exercise has been very successful, with as many as 13 attending. I have found such coaching as very self satisfying. So life after full time teaching may be finished, but coaching and teaching in PE School Sport and working with adults continues. I can't think of a better life. 

thanks John 

• RunningArcher

When helping a younger member of the club (who recently) passed their beginners course improve their groupings, all by taking the multi-coloured target away and putting a masking tape cross on the target.

Just like it when people I have coached (directly or indirectly) improve in any way.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)