Loading ...

Ideas | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
  • I coach both senior and mini rugby second team and 12s I have several points of discussion/Question. how do you get your guys to focus after a lay off? Today was fantastic in this horrid weather I had 17 boys turn out for training!!!! Amazing 4-5 degrees rain, sleet and what eventually killed the session was hail! I wouldn't of normally run the session out doors we would of gone inside but the venue had been booked for a while and was non refundable so it went ahead. Weather was a contributing factor, age is another all around 12 and its first week back in school so all habits have been lost. The session has given food for thought and highlighted areas of concern. The hard part for our usual sessions are that we train indoors on a sports hall floor so lacking contact training. This leads to another question how best to get contact into a indoor session one hour a week? I've got a plan for this week (this could be one answer I know) Another question. More geared up for adults. I'm also learning of several amazing coaches with donkey years of experience how I Loving this teaching g me so much. What is the best way to take what I do with them and water down to a level that suits my kids?? A lot of what I do with my 12s I do with my seniors in fact it was exceptionally effective transferring up but harder bringing down. I look forward to people's thoughts. Many thanks Christopher I am on Twitter my name is @Tayles85

• Blake

Hi Christopher, regarding ways of 'watering down' the coaching techniques you use for adults so they can be used with your under-12s, this blog on crossing the divide between coaching adults and children may provide a few pointers: 

https://www.connectedcoaches.org/spaces/10/welcome-and-general/blog/Blake/126/age-old-debate-crossing-the-divide-between-coaching-adults-and-children

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)