Loading ...

A token of thanks to ConnectedCoaches members for being so openly honest: a free online course | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Continuing Professional Development (CPD) » A token of thanks to ConnectedCoaches members for being so openly honest: a free online course
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)

A token of thanks to ConnectedCoaches members for being so openly honest: a free online course

Subscribe to RSS
  • Trailblazing, self-paced, online course (RRP £24.99) is free for the first 20 ConnectedCoaches members to reply to this conversation.

I’d like to thank all ConnectedCoaches members who have been so openly honest – over the course of the year.

By candidly sharing your coaching highs and lows, your shortcomings and learnings, you’ve helped to shape a new online course that helps aspiring coaches start out with a forward-thinking mind-set; a mind-set that reflects the ConnectedCoaches ethos and the views of ConnectedCoaches members. 

Discover Coaching

Although the online course is not aimed specifically at experienced coaches like yourselves, there is plenty in there for you to enjoy. Content includes a reflection on the wide range of coaching roles today, a game where you advise a friend who is just starting out, a decision-making game where parents’ demands, the headteacher's requirements and a child's needs differ etc.

This learning design for this is different; the first of its kind for coaching.

Instead of starting out with what’s best practice, our starting point was what are the most common mistakes new coaches make? This enabled us to create virtual games that puts the learner in the shoes of a coach and allows them to learn from seeing the consequences of their decisions.

You can find out more on the Discover Coaching course description page.

The course supports the Coaching Can campaign launched today by sports coach UK on Twitter, #CoachingCan.

Specifics thanks go to members who got involved in the Coaching shortcomings: can you help new coaches by sharing your experiences? conversation:  Emma Tomlinson  Steve Price  Gary Fowler  Nick Ruddock  Wendy Russell  Cristina Stanciuca  Matte Hart  Matthew Wood 

Please hit the reply button above. The first 20 to reply will receive an invitation in your email inbox, from the sports coach UK Learning Hub, to enrol on the course. You can dip in and out of it at anytime, complete as much or as little as you want and no-one will be watching what you do.

All that we ask in return is that you review the course at the end. We genuinely want to continue to improve it. So we warmly welcome your honest feedback – good, bad or indifferent.

Please hit the reply button above and let us know you want to join in.

Acting Community Manager
    Attachments
  • Soll

Looks like an interesting course.

• Paulgriff

Hello, how do i get this course? 

Or am i too late?

• nora

Hello, i'd love to get on this course, please let me know, thank you.

• Moichido

Would be interested in the online course .

• robertkmaaye
    On 02/11/16 5:54 PM, David Sollis said:

Looks like an interesting course.

Hi David

You'll be receiving an email invite from the sports coach UK Learning Hub in the next couple of hours so you can find out for yourself.

Hopefully you'll like it!

Cheers

Rob

• robertkmaaye
    On 02/11/16 7:13 PM, Paul Griffiths said:

Hello, how do i get this course? 

Or am i too late?

Not too late at all Paul. We'll send you an invite from the sports coach UK Learning Hub in the next couple of hours so keep an eye on your inbox.

• robertkmaaye
    On 02/11/16 7:49 PM, Ying Ma said:

Hello, i'd love to get on this course, please let me know, thank you.

Hi Ying

We'll get you enrolled on asap. Keep an eye on your inbox where you should receive an email invite to the course from the sports coach UK Learning Hub.

• robertkmaaye
    On 02/11/16 10:49 PM, Colin Parker said:

Would be interested in the online course

Hi Colin

You'll receive an email invite from the sports coach UK Learning Hub this morning. I hope you find the course interesting

• robin

any spaces left or will this also be offered to CSP's?

• robertkmaaye
    On 03/11/16 7:59 AM, Robin Lavin said:

any spaces left or will this also be offered to CSP's?

Hi Robin

There might be in the future but this hasn't been confirmed yet. I'll send you an invite in the meantime so keep an eye out for an email from the sports coach UK Learning Hub

Cheers

Rob

• skitson
    HI. I would like to access this free online course to see if it can support the new coaches across Bucks & MK. Hopefully I made the top 20.
  • robertkmaaye
    On 03/11/16 11:30 AM, Sion Kitson said:

HI. I would like to access this free online course to see if it can support the new coaches across Bucks & MK. Hopefully I made the top 20.

Invite on the way Sion!

• DavidCouper

Me too!

• robertkmaaye
    On 03/11/16 11:35 AM, David Couper said:

Me too!

Just sent this now David so should be in your inbox shortly!

• cwatson224

I'd love to join the course if there are any spaces left.

Thank you

• robertkmaaye
    On 03/11/16 11:50 AM, Catherine Watson said:

I'd love to join the course if there are any spaces left.

Invite on the way Catherine!

• JourneyIntoGymnastics

I'd love to take part thanks! :)

• robertkmaaye
    On 03/11/16 1:08 PM, Katie Foster said:

I'd love to take part thanks! :)

Hi Katie

Invite sent to you just now

Cheers

Rob

• Kponty

Any more places ?

• alexfletcher

Hi, would like to be involved if there are any spaces left. Cheers, Alex 

• robertkmaaye
    On 03/11/16 6:51 PM, Karl Ponty said:

Any more places ?

Certainly are Karl. Invite should be on the way now

• robertkmaaye
    On 04/11/16 8:26 AM, Alex Fletcher said:

Hi, would like to be involved if there are any spaces left. Cheers, Alex 

Hi Alex. We've just sent an invite to you now so you should be able to check out the course.

• VINNYFAPE

Sounds like an interesting course especially the scenario game activities.

• hen999

I'd like to take part in the course.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 (50 items)