Loading ...

World Book Day - what is your 'must read' book.... | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Continuing Professional Development (CPD) » World Book Day - what is your 'must read' book....
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)

World Book Day - what is your 'must read' book....

Subscribe to RSS
  • JonWoodward74

I know we have had similar posts on here before but as we have added new members on a regular basis, I thought it would be good to renew this, and link it to World Book Day

All I am asking is for you to reply with a quick post please on what book you are reading, and/or what is your 'must read' book

Happy Sharing!!

Jon

• JonWoodward74

My favourite book of the moment is Michael Rosen's "How to Be your Child's (and Your Own) Best Teacher

Attachments
  • batty

Professionally it has to be "With Winning in Mind" by Lanny Bassham

Personally, its "The Snowman"

• LynneWalker

Steven Sylvester 'Detox your Ego',

I like all the little 'Stop: Look: Listen' bits designed to have you reflecting.Detox your ego

• Brett
      Answered

I have to admit, I don't think I've come across a book that I'd recommend to anyone as a 'must read' just yet, although I'm still searching! I really enjoyed Clive Woodward 'Winning' because of the way he thought differently and it prompted me to be more thoughtful about what I do. So I'd say that's one of my top recommendations.

I'm currently reading 'Winners' by Alistair Campbell and finding it to be a great read - big emphasis on having a plan and sticking to it, always being consistent (obviously as a political this is something they 'should' do).

His motto is O.S.T = What's your 'Objective' (e.g. win), What's your 'Strategy' (e.g. have better basic skills than any other team), What are the 'Tactics' (e.g. practice hard devoting plenty of time at the basics, deploy them effectively in the games).

I'll certainly be adding the books suggested here and also I've been recommended 'The manager' by Arsene Wenger as well as the little heavier 'The art of war' - what are peoples' thoughts on these? 

• JonWoodward74

Hi Brett - thanks for the comments.

Agree with Clive Woodward's book- very good read around his way of thinking, You might also like 'The House of Lancaster' by Neil Squires covering the concepts employed by Stuart Lancaster.

I've got Winners as a book to read (along with a huge pile next to my bed) - I will certrainly get it based on our comments.

I've been at the Level 4 conference this week and Christine Nash from the University of Edinburgh has often mentioned The Art of War to me....but it does seem a bit more 'heavy'....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)