Loading ...

Anti Doping and whistle blowing. | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Drugs in sport » Anti Doping and whistle blowing.
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Drugs in sport

Anti Doping and whistle blowing.

Subscribe to RSS
  • pippaglen

Twitter just seems to be full of sports news and yet again I find myself reading a very interesting article on how athletes are becoming scared of whistle blowing, athletes being aware of other athletes taking performance enhancing drugs but unable to say anything, being made to keep quiet and being bullied. 

A very frustrated coach I hadn't realised bullying was actually going off in sports regarding drug enhancement  I would have assumed this would be under better control this day and bullying well what can I say school play ground comes to mind, for me if you need drugs to enhance your performance with drugs maybe your just in the wrong sport, if the coach is involved you really don't deserve to be coaching. I have spent a few years working with drug users out of sports, for me athletes who take drugs to enhance perform are no different to those taking *******, ****** or other drugs harsh this may be but I have witnessed, worked and helped individual detox from ****** and seen the impact that drugs has on mental health, their physical health and how it effects loved ones. 

http://theconversation.com/doping-why-some-athletes-are-reluctant-to-speak-out-79862?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1502104360

I have very strong thoughts and feelings on this subject. Please take a read and comment. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)