Loading ...

Online education - subjects? | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Online education - subjects?
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Online education - subjects?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Chippyman62

Hi all,

I am a sports scientist and coach who has become frustrated at the gap between the expertise and information found in Universities, and the information that is accessible to the wider coaching fraternity. I am looking to put together a website that bridges that gap and would be interested to hear what type of subjects and information would be of interest to coaches which is not ordinarily delivered by NGB's etc.

Keith

• jacobdf

There are a variety of MOOCs that are relevant to coaches. The challenge is to find the time to do the courses.

Subjects that would be of interest:

• leadership
    • motivation
    • nutrition
    • biomechanics
  • Chippyman62

Hi Jacob,

I agree that finding the time to complete courses is difficult. Having completed many courses myself, I had searched to try to find somewhere that provided me with an opportunity to continue my learning journey in sport. Sadly, I was unable to find suitable content from trusted sources.

That is why I am looking to provide expertise in all of the topics you have suggested, along with many more. Rather than completing a course, you will be able to learn from experts, in bite-sized chapters of learning, which will not require you to complete a course.

In my opinion, there is too big a gap between the expertise and knowledge accessed in major institutions, and the coaching practitioners who require ongoing learning and development.  A gap that is not bridged by any of the NGB's.

Keith

• JohniTri

Hi Keith,

In addition to the science-based disciplines that I fully agree there's a need to cover, I'd love to see somewhere that coaches could share innovative ways fo coaching...making sessions different and fun for the participants.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)