Loading ...

Funding for all | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Funding for all
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Funding for all

Subscribe to RSS
  • pippaglen

Good afternoon guy's

As an independent coach I'm finding it very difficult to get funding due to not being affiliated to a club, I'm finding this very frustrating, I'm in the process of putting a few applications through in the hope that I will get funding for equipment that we are in desperate need of.  Anyone any ideas for me please. I have much patience and drive to keep writing applications but I'm becoming disheartened at the fact I have to be affiliated to a club to get any form of funding and knowing that there is so much funding is very frustrating. 

• robertkmaaye

Hi Emma

Hope you are well!

I think a lot of coaches find the issue of securing funding a frustrating process. I confess I’m not that familiar with the intricacies of all the different grants available and their criteria for being successful but Sport England have a range of funding opportunities available on their pages https://www.sportengland.org/funding/. Have you tried checking their grants out to see if you would meet their criteria?

Whilst I’m replying I thought I would send you a few links (hopefully helpful) in case you weren’t aware of them.

sports coach UK puts together (with the England Coaching Network, Governing Bodies of Sport and the Home Country Sports Councils) a ‘Funding Opportunities for Coaching in the UK’ guide, which provides details about funding available to support coaches. You can download it here https://www.sportscoachuk.org/resource/funding-opportunities-coaching-guide

There is also a dedicated funding twitter account you can follow @scUKCoachFund https://twitter.com/scukcoachfund

Hopefully some members will be able to relate and share their experience with you but in the meantime I hope this helps in some way

Cheers

Rob

• pippaglen

HI Rob

Thank you for the above information, I will any thing a try. I will let you know how I get on with this. 

• AndyP

I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you charge your athletes? I think we track and field coaches can sell ourselves short and it may be that your athletes are quite happy to pay you enough to fund your courses/equipment etc

• AndyP

As a sport we always seem to look to governing bodies etc for funding rather than those actually receiving the benefit of what we do.

• pippaglen

Hi Andy 

We are not part of a club we are just voluntary independent coaches, we coach at our local track that is privately owned. Most of our athletes that come to training sessions are from other clubs and travel for coaching sessions. I have been in touch with England athletics regarding our current situation they have advised they are going to contact me to discuss our funding issues. I have yet to receive a call.

• AndyP

I ask because I know of one very successful coach who was running a squad out of his own gym at £70 per month, with no income/grants from governing bodies.

That sounds like a lot to those who are used to clubs where that would usually cover a year's membership including coaching, but when you think that it would only pay for 2 sessions with most personal trainers in a gym, suddenly it seems like pretty good value!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)