Loading ...

Daily Journaling | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Daily Journaling
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Daily Journaling

Subscribe to RSS
  • StevieP

I'm interested to know if anyone keeps a daily journal, and if so what sort of things do you record? Not being nosey, I'm just keen to understand how people approach journal writing, and after some tips for my own. Also, how do you keep the motivation/disciplne to do it daily? I have periods where I'm really focused about my daily journal writing and then tend to slip into a period of ill-discipline

• LawrieOK

Like your post Steve - not currently a daily journal keeper, BUT I encourage the coaches I mentor to 'keep a journal' to record their activities and related feelings each time they engage in anything to with their coaching. This would include pre-, post-, and during practice/match activities + feelings, as well as any reflections in between. In particular, we have a mid-Season break, and this is a great opportunity to look back on the ytd progress, to compare it against pre-Season planning, and to therefore be able to tweak the plans for the second half of the Season; the journal gives us a great document to use during our meetings. But more importantly it gives my mentees a place to go to to get their thoughts in order, especially when the Season gets chaotic.

I do not insist on their sharing the journal with me btw, that is their private world and they only share whatever they want to share.

• StevieP

Thanks for the response Lawrie, that's really useful. I try to combine my coaching and personal thoughts daily, to be honest because most of my coaching is on mental strength techniques it's important for me that my own mind is aligned with my coaching objectives so the two go hand in hand really. I find it a powerful tool for reflection, as you say from mentoring your coaches, being able to track progress and just as importantly identify my own mental blockages that may be impacting on my coaching activity

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)