Loading ...

What’s your biggest challenge at the moment? | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » What’s your biggest challenge at the moment?
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

What’s your biggest challenge at the moment?

Subscribe to RSS
  • robertkmaaye

When producing any content on ConnectedCoaches we aim to make it as useful and relevant as possible. I was wondering...

1. What’s your biggest challenge at the moment?

2. What's stopping you from solving that challenge? (try and be specific)

3. What would overcoming that challenge mean to you?

• LawrieOK

1. The Team have lost their "winning mindset"; we are performing well, often above expectations against strong opponents, but under-performing against perceived lesser opponents. This inconsistent performance has kept us in the bottom half of the League Table; this is de-motivating the players, and frustrations are beginning to surface in tangible fashion.

2. Long history of this phenomenon in the Team, which I have taken on this Season; this issue was never mentioned when I was interviewed/hired. There are probably other factors that have not yet been exposed at this time. (I have arranged for a Sports Psychologist to work with the Team during December which is our mid-Season break to hopefully re-focus our minds, etc.)

3. My aim is to have players who are enjoying their training/matches, who are confident in their abilities, and who are realising their individual/collective potential; the results will flow from this. It is not about me, it is ALL about the players; I would of course be chuffed to overcome the challenge but that is not my motivation. 

wink

• robertkmaaye
    On , said:

2. Long history of this phenomenon in the Team, which I have taken on this Season; this issue was never mentioned when I was interviewed/hired. There are probably other factors that have not yet been exposed at this time. (I have arranged for a Sports Psychologist to work with the Team during December which is our mid-Season break to hopefully re-focus our minds, etc.)

How did the session with the Sports Psychologist go Lawrie? Was it well received by your team?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)