Loading ...

Accountability | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Accountability
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Accountability

Subscribe to RSS
  • BarbAugustin

I came across this today: Stay at 17 inches

It's about holding ourselves to a higher standard.

His message was clear: “Coaches, keep your players — no matter how good they are — your own children, and most of all, keep yourself at seventeen inches.”

Well worth a read!

• robertkmaaye

Great read Barb thanks for sharing smile

• anfy

So true in so many contexts. Will remember this story.

• Blake

What a great moral story. I thoroughly recommend reading it.

• EllyNetball

Agree, a good account - well worth reading - thanks for sharing.

Whilst I agree we must set and maintain standards and expectations, and everone has to be accountable, surely there must also be flexibility and compromise?  Especially when working with younger athletes / players ... showing up late, for example, is not always something a youngster can control.

Younger players are so often reliant on adults to get them to training and matches; to agree to take them in the first place; to allow the player to miss a family gathering in favour of attending training/competition; to pay for kit and fees; and so on.

While we have to treat our players equally, we can't treat them all the same.

It's not about favouring individuals, it's about supporting their situation.  In my experience, as long as the others know WHY, it's not an issue and the standards remain intact.

• BarbAugustin

I agree!

• Barney58

Very good read and something that gets forgotten about in our sport as well.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)