Loading ...

Will Hot YOGA help you lose weight? | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Will Hot YOGA help you lose weight?
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Will Hot YOGA help you lose weight?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Jaimie

It's a simple question, and I'd be interested to read some points of view.

HIIT is probably the closest thing we have to a 'magic pill'. (though it involves a whole lot more than swallowing a capsule) Not only does it surge your body to max intensity during the workout, but because your body is working so hard, your body can't deliver enough oxygen in 'the moment'.  Your muscles accumalate a 'debt' of oxygen that has to be repaid post-workout. This throws your body into a phase of fat burning for hours after you've done sweating, known as post-execrcise oxeygen consumption. Plus super intense circuits like this activate muscle building hormones.

Now I enjoy four 60min sessions of Hot Bikram Yoga each week. In this practise, breathing is key, and we learn to breathe only through our nose. Now anyone reading this thinking, "Yoga...don't you just sit down and meditate" well...NO! It's moved on quite a bit from those early hedonistic days on the West Coast of the US in the 70's. Hot Yoga is practised in a room that has been heated to 104'F with 40% humidity, and use's 26 postures and two breathing exercises to give you a full body workout.

So, knowing what we do about HIIT and Hot Yoga, 'will Yoga help you lose weight'? I'm asking this question because I've yet to see an overweight instructor/practitioner..

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)