Loading ...

Coaching education courses | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Coaching education courses
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Coaching education courses

Subscribe to RSS
  • pippaglen

I'm currently coaching football to under 8s at a local football club, due to not having enough coaches and myself not being a football coaching I'm coaching football with a Multi Skills element. Last night I attended a club committee meeting and have been advised the I'm required to take the level 1 FA coaching course however members seem to think that the level 1 no longer exists and that the FA have changed the courses. The club are struggling to find me a course, every time they go on the FA site there are no courses available. Is anyone able to advise me PLEASE!!!laughing  I need to get on a course ASAP I'm finding it very frustrating as a coach as I can't be left on my own coaching without the level 1 FA coaching licence. 

• robertkmaaye

Hi Emma

As you are based in Nottinghamshire the  best thing to do is check out the county FA's website for when a course is running  near you. This is the page with the information you need about how to book onto The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football course. As it says on the page on completion you receive the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification. To book onto a course you will need to use your FAN number. If you are unsure what this is there is a link on the page giving you a bit more info.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers
    Rob
  • pippaglen

Hi Rob

I will give it a try, I do have a Fan number. Thanks again Rob. laughing

• Percy

Emma you also might want to the FA Youth Award modules. They are great for coaching children! 

• pippaglen

Thanks Percy, I'm going to give them a call today as there was no courses on the website when I went on yesterday. 

• Allymorganbee

Hi Emma,you best option is the newly refreshed level 1.If you happy to travel you can attend a course at an adjacent county FA.You will also need to complete your emergency first aid which you can do seperate. Safeguarding is included on the level 1. 

The FA youth modules are no more and have been absorbed in the level 2 and 3 for the better. Good luck with things.

• pippaglen

Hi Alistair 

Thank yu for your advice, I will take a look see if there's any further away.

• ChrisPRush

Try these

Hi Emma
    Here are some on line course the F license is ran by US Soccer and takes 2 hours and costs $25. http://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/licenses/national-f
    The foundations of coaching course is 4 hours and is free with this code.
    MCLUBFOC https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/foundations
    Here is a calendar of webinars also check them out let me know your thoughts
    Rush Developmental Calls/Webinars
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1syXivihu41Vxgo1j0rkJ-AafeHxUQpiIgOgqlYUYAZQ/edit?ts=56c77c68#heading=h.wyempcrqjkcx
  • pippaglen

Thank you so much for this information, I will take a look and let you know how I get on. 

• ChrisPRush

Looking forward to hearing back

• pippaglen

Hi Chris 

I have done everything one the website it has asked of me to do and it is telling me I'm not eligible for the course, unsure why this is as its not stating why. 

• ChrisPRush

Hi emma its perhaps because you are in the Uk did you do the F license or the other one?

• pippaglen

His Chris I tried the F License. 

• pippaglen

Wow after much trawling I took your advice and looked at other county fa courses available, not many available found one in Derby, hopefully the club will now book this one. 

Thanks for that information great help. laughing

• wadefloyd

A great resource for coaching courses can be found here: Youth football courses but can't help you with your 1 FA license. 

https://coachtube.com/courses/soccer/coaching-youth-soccer

• pippaglen

Thanks Wade,  I will take a look tomorrow. smile

• pippaglen

Excellent site, I've spent most of my office morning looking through the courses. Definitely would use again. Thanks Wade

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)