Loading ...

Free online course - Coaching in the Knowledge Era | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Free online course - Coaching in the Knowledge Era
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Free online course - Coaching in the Knowledge Era

Subscribe to RSS
  • andrewb62

I have just completed “Coaching in the Knowledge Era” - a free* online course from Deakin University on FutureLearn.

The title of the course, presented by Paddy Upton, is slightly misleading - it covers the concept of coaching as a collaborative activity, and discusses the process of developing “learning” athletes.

Very well presented, and very thought-provoking.

More information here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/coaching-knowledge-era

This was my first experience with Future Learn, and I have already signed up for some more courses.

* you can access the course materials, including comments from the participants and course mentors, completely free, but your access is limited to the duration of the course (2 weeks, in this case) plus two weeks.

You can pay for extended access to the course and to take a certificate of completion.

• I signed up to this although as of yet haven't been able to access the course due to being busy - hoping I can still look at it. Done a few Future Learn courses over the past couple of years and they have always been worthwhile

• andrewb62

Hi Danielle

My understanding is that you get access for 4 weeks from the day you sign up on FutureLearn (that is the 2 weeks of the course plus 2 further weeks). If you don’t expect to start the course soon, it might be worth looking at the options to defer your start date.

You can pay to have unrestricted access (and take the test to get a certificate of completion) - You can do this after completing the course, but possibly not after the free access expires.

fwiw - the course admin suggest 6 hours to complete the course; I took 8-9 hrs, including the test at the end.

• Thanks Andrew, I've probably missed the slot then. They do tend to repeat courses so I will keep my eye open for that. Hopefully when my little one starts nursery in the new year I will have some time to devote to CPD without little hands trying to tap the keyboard for me!

• andrewb62

It might be best to “leave” the course, then, and register an interest for the next run.

I believe that you can start at any time (not just the official launch dates) but the forum conversations will be more engaging “live”; the course tutors will also probably be more active during the official run.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)