Loading ...

End of season review & self reflection: What questions & processes do you go through? | Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Children (Ages 5-12) » Forum » All other coaching children topics » End of season review & self reflection: What questions & processes do you go through?
Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: All other coaching children topics

End of season review & self reflection: What questions & processes do you go through?

Subscribe to RSS
  • PaulT

its the end of the season meaning time to review all the coaching from the season. I'll be going through a review of the season looking at

Did we achieve what we set out to at the start if the seasom?

What did we deliver?

Why did we deliver it?

How did we deliver it?

What feedback did we get from players & parents

Peer feedback 

How did our work align with the club philosophy & way of working

What do we want to do as a team of coaches next year and what will our core principles & ways of working be.

What questions and processes do everybody else go through at the end of the season? What questions do you and your fellow coaches ask yourself?

• Wendyrussell

One I pose is 

feeding forwards- what is something you would like to do or like to try out and how can we as other coaches or club help. Supporting coaches to push forward and not be scared of trying new things and ideas. 

• ps.rhodes1

Very interesting discussion. I do struggle with macro cycle review as the season is always far more dynamic than I ever am able to plan for. 

I do try very hard to reflect & adapt during contact time (coaching sessions, match day support etc), post session and then after a short series of sessions (meso cycle). I have found this far more useful than waiting until the end of my programme. 

I try very hard to get honest and open input from player and try to empower them in the review and goalsetting process. On occassion getting feedback can like getting blood from a stone though. 

• PaulT

Cheers Phillip, I agree that reflecting and recieving feeback on an ongoing process is important but how do we evalute this at the end of the season to make sure we don't revert to planning the same programmes.

How do you translate ongoing feedback into an overall review to give you a whole picture to evaluate?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)