Loading ...

What is your core coaching philosophy? | Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Children (Ages 5-12) » Forum » All other coaching children topics » What is your core coaching philosophy?
Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: All other coaching children topics

What is your core coaching philosophy?

Subscribe to RSS
  • jasoneady

Hi. My high level philosophy/statement is

"To provide a safe and fun environment for children to engage in physical activity."

Only then do I move on to a sport specific focus as at my primary point, I am not concerned with what sport children are playing, but that they are active.

jason.

• Ralph

with all due respect Jason, that is not a philosophy.

philosophy is through reason, argument and logic, seeking truth and knowledge of reality.

eg

for you: "safety provides in a child courage to be creative, explore and not be afraid of making mistakes, activly looking for unorthodox problem solving to develop skills within a complex unpredictable environment."

that would be a potential philosophy

not being concerned about what-ever sport but of far more importance is activity; is a philosophy.

• jasoneady

thanks for that - made me really think about the statements.

Regards,

Jason.

• Ralph

me too Jason, I've seen coaches concentrate so much on doing, makes sense, sport is doing, mostly... but we forget to think.

we go through a process, a list, a hierarchy, proforma, schema, etc.

in the medical field, those that are good, treat the person not the condition,

same with good coaching, we can have all the coaching tricks for positives we like, that gets them having fun, but at the end of the day.... so what?

"A life unexamined, is not a life, is not a life worth living." Socrates one of the great Philosophers

you can only test who you really are, with stress tests, extremes, competition.

it's easy to be a guru coach in times of peace, and think that is reality, it is, but a small subset

I'm glad you had an open mind enough to check, that will make you a great coach

Page 2 of 2 (29 items)