Loading ...

What can coaches can do to be Inspiring ? | Coaching Youth (age 13-18)

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Youth (age 13-18) » Forum » Coaching Youth (age 13-18), General Forum » What can coaches can do to be Inspiring ?
Coaching Youth (age 13-18)

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching Youth (age 13-18), General Forum

What can coaches can do to be Inspiring ?

Subscribe to RSS
  • LizBurkinshaw

Recent youth insight says that young people want experiences that are inspiring. ( amongst other things...) 

What do you think coaches can do to create an inspiring session? 

• clairemorrison

Hi Liz,

I think this is a greta area to raise. I always find that getting to know your athletes and finding out what makes them tick really helps. Use this to help you inspire the players. Work out what helps you feel inspired and what helped you at that age. Think about the environment you are working in and how you can make this inspiring as well with images and quotes that help create a buzz. This is one I really like. 

• Wendyrussell

Hiya,

I would say most great coaches don't really know that they "inspire" their athletes, just have a passion for the sport and wanting to help whoever they are coaching to be the best they can be. Showing commitment to their athletes and players and just investing time, whether that's planning great creative sessions or praising effort and commitment. 

• NickRuddock

I like to show the athletes world class performances and examples of the skills/routines they are working on. There is no greater visual inspiration than watching the worlds best on the Olympic stage ... 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)