Loading ...

How are you getting to the Vale? | UK Coaching Summit

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » UK Coaching Summit » Forum » General and Introductions » How are you getting to the Vale?
UK Coaching Summit

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General and Introductions

How are you getting to the Vale?

Subscribe to RSS
  • VetCoachJohn

Quite apart from sharing knowledge, an online community can help in practical ways. To test this, let's see whether there's an appetite for  members to co-ordinate transport in getting to this year's Summit.

For those travelling by rail or air, the Vale is a £25 (approx) taxi ride from either Cardiff Central station or airport. It would therefore seem clever for Summiteers to share likely arrival times. This could either result in some shared taxis and reduced costs or even some pre-arranged mini-buses.

Unless someone with experience of doing this kind of thing online can suggest a better way, the simplest option might be for members to reply with your airport/railway station arrival date and time, then DM (direct message) others with similar times to link up. Who knows, it might also mean that you have a coaching new best friend by the time you reach the Vale...

Don't worry about the return journey - we'll co-ordinate coaches to station and airport, leaving as soon as the Summit ends.

• Sbentall

I've found this company http://www.capitalcabs.co.uk/ who can arrange for group bookings and also take card payments. Once I know what time I'll be arriving, I'm happy to coorinate a shared cab journey with others.

• VetCoachJohn

Latest info for rail travellers is that Premier Taxis are a good bet for a shared booking from Cardiff Central to the Vale. The number is 02920 555555. You can call and book a time, when they'll be at the left hand side as you exit the station (black cabs are on the right). You should expect to pay £25 to the Vale, whereas the black cabs have been known to charge as much as £40 to unsuspecting tourists.

• healybob

I would be interested in sharing a cab to the Vale resort on Tuesday morning. My train arrives at 8:49am but I am happy to wait for other people if the opportunity to share costs is available.

Regards,

Laura Healy

• PaulT

I'm flying to Cardiff and land at 07:55, currently just the two of us jumping in a taxi so let me know if anyone wants to join us 

• David_T

Hi everyone,

My train arrives at 10.39am on Tuesday morning if anyone is arriving around then.

Many thanks

David 07974 015769

• ezmundo

Hi Laura

Ian Wilson and I are getting into Cardiff Central for about the same time so maybe we could all share a taxi?   E-mail me on pezard@sportscoachuk.org if this is an option?

Thanks, Pete

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)