Loading ...

Insurance | New to Coaching

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » New to Coaching » Forum » General » Insurance
New to Coaching

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Insurance

Subscribe to RSS
  • Mitchiow

Hi there,

I've organised and ran soccer schools in the holidays for the past 5 years. I have insurance for football related activities but I'm considering organising a week of multi-skills and a variety of sports to try and engage new participants. I've tried to contact sports coach uk three times for advice and guidance over the last month, still no reply.

Can anyone advise me in terms of best place to get this insurance for a range of sports and is it possible? I have a degree in sports coaching and development, FA qualified with first aid and safeguarding, SCUK qualified in coaching children and young people and also a qualified primary school teacher (where I teach PE and after school sports clubs regularly. Does this allow me to be insured and carry out different sports such as 'kwik-cricket', dodgeball, handball and multi-skills?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Lewis.

• robertkmaaye
    On 30/05/17 10:35 PM, Lewis Mitchell said:

I've tried to contact sports coach uk three times for advice and guidance over the last month, still no reply.

Hi Lewis

I'm not sure why you haven't received a reply yet that is very unlike the membership team! I'll look into this for you and see what I can find out. Can I ask how you tried to contact them please? (e.g. contact form on website, email etc) That might help me narrow down if there have been any issues that might have meant the team didnt receive your enquiry.

Cheers

Rob

• robertkmaaye

Hi Lewis

I've just been on the phone to the membership team and they don't recall receiving your enquiry.

UK Coaching (formerly Sports Coach UK) do have a couple of membership options (Silver and Gold) that enable you to be insured for a number of sports and activities, which you can find out about here http://www.ukcoaching.org/coaches/membership

However insurance is only valid for coaches or officials who hold a certification issued, and accepted as current, by a recognised awarding organisation for the appropriate sport or activity.

The membership are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can either call 0113-290 7612 or email ukcoachingmembership@ukcoaching.org

Hope this helps

Thanks

Rob

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)