Loading ...

Great tools for coaching Autism (and other disabilities) | Inclusive Coaching

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Inclusive Coaching » Forum » Coaching Disabled Sportspeople » Great tools for coaching Autism (and other disabilities)
Inclusive Coaching

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching Disabled Sportspeople

Great tools for coaching Autism (and other disabilities)

Subscribe to RSS
  • paulcrocker

Our governing body sent out this document. It’s got some great tips and tools that I use already and some new concepts. Great ways to analyse your athletes to find the best learning style and approach to effective coaching for you both!

Enjoy! 

• Blake

Thanks for sharing this great resource Paul. You and others might also be interested to read the blog I wrote for ConnectedCoaches with the author of this National Autistic Society resource, Amy Webster - The hidden condition – a coach’s guide to autism.

• stevotech

Thank you, Paul, for a useful document. Ian

• stickywickets

I have been coaching cricket for nearly 50 years (advanced cricket coach the top certificate at the time) at all sorts of levels from school, club, and worked for a professional County for over 25 years working with young professionals going onto County and Test international standard.While successful learnt my own style of coaching over a number of years from those at the professional end of the game, i was always supportive but very straight and down to earth with people often upsetting parents without meaning to usually because they did not buy into my straight forward approach, always and still do get on much better with the pupils rather than parents and those around them if they do not buy into my philosophy. I have two children both have Autism both of whom very successful in the game, my daughter playing County girls and mens abled cricket as well as my 15 year old son who plays first team abled mens cricket and also in the England Lions Learning Disability team. You may well ask the relevance of this story, well at 62 i was diagnosed with Aspergers and totally agree with you Paul how you should treat those with Autism, but just as importantly have treated those with out learning or ASD disability just the same for over 50 years, because i knew know different, and have been extremely successful and have no reason to change because of my diagnosis, always say its not what i cannot do but what i can do that others cannot.I have found i am never judgemental and have found talent in those that have been discarded as they have been judged by the coaches set standards, rather than the mantra best coach for the person is themselves and you never know what you can actually achieve in life if you try and committed.Regards Graham.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)